Memory Lane: Sunday School songs
May 8, 2007 54 Comments
Lately I’ve had nostalgic memories of the Sunday School songs I sang as a child. For years as I was participating in Children’s Ministry regularly I sang lots of them regularly, but the last while I have not heard them. I have great memories of Richard K leading us kids in Kids Church or Wednesday nights – I hope my kids have similar experience, and hope their childhood songs aren’t just confined to “child like” versions of Hillsongs – not that these new fangled songs are bad, I just like the classics!
In no particular order, here’s a list of some favorites I remember – anyone else want to add your favorite?
1. Twelve Men Went To Spy On Canaan
2. Roll the gospel chariot along
3. Please don’t smoke (this song had huge ramifications for the gospel)
4. I’ve got the Victory
5. Deep & Wide
6. Away far over Jordan
7. I May Never March in the infantry
8. If you’re happy and you know it
9. My God Is So Big
10. Zaccheus was a wee little man